Cuda News: Week of June 24
It's hard to believe that we've already reached Champs Week! We've got tons of fun events planned, so be sure to read everything below...
First things first -
Prelims and Finals Meets are OPEN on the home page. RSVP for your swimmers indicating their availability as soon as possible. Coach Juan needs to know if your swimmers will participate by no later than Tuesday morning because he's going to make meet entries on Tuesday evening. Prelims will be heated and seeded by the League on Wednesday.
- Practices as usual. Swim-a-Long money is now due to Cora Abbott. She will be at all practices collecting your donations. If you have questions about Swim-a-Long or need to make other arrangements to meet her, then please send Cora a direct message via Remind.
- 11 a.m. is the last Stroke Clinic, focusing on Dives/Touches/Turns. Sign up on the website, spaces are limited.
- 3 p.m. Movie with the Coaches at Edwards West Oaks...Incredibles 2. We recommend buying tickets in advance. Make sure you coordinate with a fellow parent if you plan on dropping off your child(ren).
- 5 p.m. Decorate cars in the South Briar parking lot for the team parade.
- 5:30 p.m. Parade starts
- 6:30 p.m. 11 & Up Pasta Party in the Clubhouse
- 8:00 p.m. Prelims Meet Set Up
Friday - PRELIMS
- 10 & Unders: 6:30 a.m. Arrival; 7:00 a.m. Warm-Up; 8:00 a.m. Start (finished by approximately noon)
- 11 & Up: 12:30 p.m. Arrival; 1:00 p.m. Warm-Up; 2:00 p.m. Start
Important Note: the TOP 6 QUALIFIERS plus an alternate in each event (individuals and relays) will advance to Saturday's Meet of Champs. Swimmers must check final results before leaving the meet, especially relays! All individual qualifiers and winning relay members are required to attend Meet of Champs. If you have questions about if your child qualified, please speak with Coach Juan.
Saturday - MEET OF CHAMPS
Everyone is invited to participate in the Parade of Teams before the start of the meet, even if your swimmer did not qualify. Our awesome theme is "Incredible Barracudas"! Stay to cheer on our Superhero Barracudas!
- MEET: 7:30 a.m. Arrival; 8:00 a.m. Warm-Up; 9:00 a.m. Start
- CELEBRATION: 6:00 p.m. End-of-Season Party at the Barracuda Pool, catered BBQ dinner. RSVP on the website. More details to come!
Have a great rest of your week...see you at the pool!
Lee-Ann Hall &