Cuda News: Week of June 10
- Greetings Barracudas! We have a big week ahead...read below for all the updates:
- Meet set-up tonight 8PM - come for an evening swim and join us for meet set up. The more volunteers that faster we are done!
- Speaking of volunteers, if you haven't already done so, please sign up to volunteer during tomorrow's meet - there are still a few spots left to be filled. Just click the green button on the homepage.
MONDAY: Meet @ South Briar vs. Ashford Whales
- No morning practices!
- Arrive at 1:15, immediately check in with our Tent Monitors (Amy Hulsey and Natalie Wadhwa).
- Park at Briarwood School on Whittington; our pool lot is reserved for coaches and meet officials.
- Click here for more details about what to expect and what you should bring.
- During the meet, swimmers should remain in the tent area with their age-groups so they can easily be lined up when it is their turn to swim. If your swimmer must briefly leave the tent area, please inform the Tent Monitors.
- Before leaving at the end of the meet, check-out with the Tent Monitors and make sure you collect all of your belongings and throw away your trash.
- The team will meet for dinner in front of the neighborhood on Westheimer (Freebirds, Top It, Five Guys, etc.)
- Stroke Clinics start this week for $10 per swimmer.
- The freestyle stroke clinic is on Tuesday at 11:00.
- Visit our website to sign up and check future clinic dates. Each Stroke Clinic will focus on one specific stroke/skill.
- Space is limited to only 10 swimmers! These small group sessions are for swimmers interested in becoming faster and more efficient with their strokes. Barracudas will learn how to fine-tune their technique and improve their times. These clinics are for swimmers who can ALREADY swim and compete in that stroke.
- If your swimmer would like to learn HOW TO swim a particular stroke properly, then please sign up for 1-on-1 private swim lessons with one of our experienced coaches (see the coaches section of our website).
- Our Swim-a-Long is on Wednesday during practices! Hopefully your swimmers have been busy getting pledges and sponsors.
- All swimmers who raise at least $25 will receive a Barracuda bag tag. Awards will be given to the Barracudas who raise the most money and swim the most laps.
- All funds raised will be used for the installation of safer, more permanent backstroke flags at our pool.
Last but not least, a big THANK YOU to Priscilla Crosser and Tiffany Jones for an awesome Kick-Off Party Friday night!! And, congratulations to our 8 & Under Barracudas for swimming their fastest yesterday. We are looking forward to more fast times tomorrow!
See you at the pool!
Lee-Ann Hall & firstname.lastname@example.org